Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why I started cloth diapering

Who doesn't want what's best for the brand new baby? All I could do from the moment I got pregnant was think of ways I could better her life when she got here.There are so many health benefits to cloth diapering, not to mention its eco friendly.
I am not an all around "green" person. I don't eat totally organic and I love meat. BUT.. I try to be conscience of what I am doing to the planet. I do not litter, I try to remember to recycle (trying to get better) and now I am cloth diapering. A disposable can last 500 years in a landfill. FIVE HUNDRED YEARS. So being that I want the best life for my precious child, and her future children, I would like to have a healthy earth for her to live on.
So far I have built my stash with convenience,low cost and all I really "need". Honestly I don't think at this moment I truly need anything else. But now I must add to the cute factor, right? RIGHT!
I have the following:

  • 5 Best Bottoms covers
  • 22 Best Bottoms Stay Dry Inserts
  • 2 BumGenius 3.0 size small
  • 2 Thirsties covers size small
  • 1 Bummis Super Brite size small
  • 2 Thirsties Fab fitteds size xs
  • 2 Thirsties Fab fitteds size s
  • 1 Monkey Toe fitted OS
  • 2 Good Mamma Goodnights OS
  • 24 Unbleached Indian prefolds
  • 3 Rumparooz OS
Accessories:
  • CJ's BUTTer (diaper rash cream)
  • Bummis medium wet bag
  • WAHM Ebay bought medium wet bag
  • Planet Wise small wet bag for outings
  • Charlie's laundry soap
Want to try:

  • Good Mamma day time fitteds OS
  • BeBeBuBu fitteds OS
  • BagShotRowBamboo fitteds OS
  • Sbish fitteds OS
  • Wool soakers
  • Fleece Soakers
  • Hemp Inserts
  • Rockin Green laundry soap
  • Kawaii diapers OS
and so much more. I will add reviews soon to everything I have tried, pro's and con's. What works for one person doesnt always work for another.
I am very opinionated, but give everything a fair chance. Like I said I will review everything I have tried and continue to do so as I try new things. I am hoping to help anyone with any struggles they have deciding if this is for them or not.

1 comment:

  1. You should post links of places where you get good deals! I know you're a bargain hunter, teach me! LOL

    ReplyDelete