Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reviews from what we have tried so far.

Best Bottoms


These are our favorites! They are pretty trim but still a little bulky.My husbands favorites. I have five covers and 22 inserts.We have been using these for a month.There hasn't been a single leak or blow out yet.SHOCKER! The inserts come in three sizes, they say you can get small and large and just skip medium. I was a rebel and just got medium and they fit great and will be on her for a long time.We use other night time diapers although I would love to try the overnights. Also they have a hemp option if you would like natural fibers. I bought the cheaper option.

Price
  • Covers: $16.95
  • Hemp inserts: $5.95
  • Stay dry inserts: $3.95
  • Overnight inserts: $6.95
Pros
  • Trim fit
  • Great colors and prints!
  • VERY easy system
  • Takes up less room in the diaper bag
  • comes in snaps or aplix (we much prefer snaps)
  • one size fits all, from birth to potty trained
  • dries very quick
  • very absorbent (VERY)
  • Inexpensive compared to a lot of other diapering systems
  • double leg gussets to hold in mess
  • keep reusing shell,just wipe out and reuse.
Cons
  • uhmmmm,...well,...oh yeah there's,nope.... ok, so nothing.
Bought from Nicki's Diapers

Total Cost: $171.60 

This will last her the whole time she is in diapers. I do not "need" any other day time diapers other than these. I only buy them to try new things. But if you are really trying to save money this would get you by! Just add a few night time inserts. Also with this stash I only have to wash every other day to every third day.











                                      Thirsties Covers

                                   

I have two of these and really like them.I use them over different fitted diapers.We have never had a blow out or leak. But my husband doesn't like them because he finds fitteds and covers to be "gross" to touch.I  don't mind it so much.

Price
  • $10.95 Solids
  • $11.25 Prints

Pro's
  • Fits well over most fitteds
  • Works great at night over her over night fitteds
  • Comes in four sizes for a good fit
  • Bright pretty colors and prints
  • Double leg Gussets to hold in mess
  • reusable cover, just wipe and reuse
  • Can be used with fitteds,prefold,contours and flats
  • Quick drying

Con's
  • Aplix only (we prefer snaps)
  • Not one size fits all
Bought from Jillian's Drawers










                                   Bummis Super Brite

                             

I only have one of these since I don't need to many more covers. I like it alot. I have never had a leak or blow out with it.It's (obviously) adorable.

Price
  • $12.25
Pro's
  • Double leg gussets to hold in mess
  • Fits well over fitteds,prefolds,contours and flats.
  • Wipe out and reuse cover
  • Come in solids and prints
  • Five different sizes to assure good fit
Con's
  • Aplix only ( we prefer snaps )
  • Size isn't one size fits all
Bought from Jillian's Drawers








                                               Rumparooz
                    

These are pocket diapers. I was hesitant to try them because I though stuffing would annoy me. I bought three of these on a great sale and officially LOVE them. They are the only pocket I have tried so I cannot compare them but they are great.Very well fitted and I swear they are bullet proof!My sweet girl had FIVE huge poops in one day and not a single one made it passed these!Also I bought mine from the seconds outlet so they didn't come with inserts. I stuff them with my Best Bottoms inserts and they are good to go! You could probably use just about any insert.

Price
  • $23.50 Solids
  • $25.50 Prints
(seconds outlet are less than half the price!)

Pro's
  • Contain messes VERY well
  • Pocket can be stuffed so you choose how absorbent  or what materials you want
  • One size fits all
  • Snaps!
  • Beautiful colors and some cute prints
  • Very good quality
  • Super soft inside that baby will feel on their bottom
  • Fits most inserts
  • Dry pretty quick
Con's
  • Change entire diaper each change
  • Unstuffing  and restuffing required
  • A bit more expensive (unless you buy seconds)
  • Some people say the rise is low so they don't truly fit until baby is potty trained
Bought from Kanga Care. Or Seconds!!!









                                       BumGenius 3.0

Sorry no photo. I don't like these. I have three in size small.I have tried them twice, each time she has wet through and all over. A lot of people swear by these and love them. They are just not for us. So I will not do Pro's and Con's.

Price
  • $13.95






                                     Goodmama Goodnight

These are over night fitted diapers that do require a cover.I have two of these and they are great! My girl is a heavy wetter and was wetting through her disposables within 2-3 hours at night.We bought these when we began using cloth and she hasn't had a wet night since.THANK YOU GOODMAMA!These are pretty costly but really you only need two or three.They are worth every penny. I bought mine used for 1/3 of the price and would pay full price any day now.

Price
  • Around $35+
Pro's
  • Hold in alot of moisture
  • One size fits all
  • Snaps or no snaps
Con's
  • Expensive
  • Only stocked once a week and sell very quickly
  • Bulky
Buy from The Goodmama, I buy used from Spot's corner.







                                           Monkey Toe
                          

These are fitted diapers that require a cover.I have one and really like it.However it is VERY bulky, I mean HUGE.It barely fits under her size small diaper covers.I would consider buying more when she is around crawling age, but not right now as a newborn.

Price
  • Not sure. Mine was a gift and at the moment the site is down for the holidays.
Pro's
  • Very absorbent
  • Cute prints
  • One size fits all
  • Soft and silky
Con's
  • Very bulky






                                         Thirsties Fab

These are fitteds that require covers. I had two and liked them so I bought two more!They have been discontinued but I think they are just trying to make a new and improved version.These are very trim and fit great under covers.

 You can only buy these used or discounted now so I will not do a full review.

2 comments:

  1. oh I like this! I'm about to join the fluffy butt club... and I need help!

    ReplyDelete